Made a pretty fair haul this weekend after all the rain we’ve had recently. 3 prehistoric buffalo skulls, as far as we can determine they’re Bison Occidentalis, different horn shape and larger than the modern Bison Bison. Sources say circa 12,000-5,000 before present. Found several run of the mill points, brokes, concave knives, and a couple crude turtle scrapers.

Uncle found the most beautiful pink flint cornertang knife. Dad found an excellent San Patrice point, very late paleo or very early archaic period and made of really nice dark chocolate colored flint. Dad also found the most massive elk antler I’ve ever seen aside from a Roosevelt, the brow tines are probably 1 1/2” in diameter and the burr is easily 4” across. It came out from under a cutbank and is very old, there haven’t been any elk in the area since the mid 1800’s and I’d bet this is way older than that.

I found two perfect points, one a coffee brown flint Scottsbluff in grey shape and the other a dark grey flint Dalton. The Dalton is the smallest of that form I’ve seen and it’s beveled on the right sides like a Harahay knife.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by TheKid; 06/02/19.