Originally Posted by dogzapper

Scott,

Hey, my friend, your comments on that old bag of fart, "DR" Kenneth Howell, were hilarious.

I've known Ken for maybe thirty years and unfortunately had him as my first editor. He is indeed a pretentious prick. Actually, he is a self-centered, hateful, officious prick, as well ... words fail to describe his prickiness. grin

He got fired from Wolfe Publishing for being all gushy and feeling all of the lady worker's tits. Dave Wolfe hated the self-righteous bastard anyway and told me that firing him was as satisfying as "popping a big infected pimple on my ass."

Anyway, I've had the displeasure of spending more than a few hours with Ken the Creep. And I needed to dry clean my clothes afterwords, the stench was so bad.

Oh yeah, the kids. Two daughters and one son. I've met the son and talked with him; he hates the old son of a bitch. So do the daughters. I suspect some form of abuse there.

Allen Day hired a PI to investigate Ken's education. Turns out his ThD is from a diploma printing outfit ... no classes, you just pay $50 for a diploma and they send it to you. Nope, no PhD or any other educational credits, except graduating from high school in Rotten Crotch, North Carolina.

What totally amazes me is that some on the 24HCF are totally convinced that Ken was a great writer, that he's hunted a great deal (he absolutely HAS NOT) and some kind of maven of the gunny writing industry. Trust me, none of the above is true. In fact, "Ken the Creep" comes from gun writers.

I was on a few prairie dog hunts with him and he stayed in his motel room; not willing to go out with the guys. And then, of course, he regaled us with glorious tales of his amazing hunts at dinner. Total and absolute bullshit. We all rolled our eyes and laughed behind his back.

And a Social Security check of $700 a month? Obviously, he has had poor jobs that paid very little ... otherwise, he'd be getting $1,200+

Anyway, I simply had to write to one of the old bag of fart's detractors, YOU ... and tell you that you are totally right.

All the best to you and your wife,

Steve

PS. Please treat the above in confidence. Gun writers are judged at a higher standard than most members of the 24HCF and if I wrote the truth about Ken, half of the members would judge me badly .... so, it's better that I just be quiet.

I've stayed out of the fray, mostly because I may one day want to participate in the 24HCF again. ST

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"