"Surprising" is right, even Steelie surprised us with that one crazy

I suggest we air our dirty laudry here in public before Steelhead gets a chance to.....

OK, here's mine (I mean, other than all the women I slept with back then).....

A few years back Ed hosted a campfire gathering at his very nice East Texas place, I drove there from San Antonio Texas via Sherman Texas, quite considerably out of my way but I needed to pick up some cool reenacting stuff from www.CrazyCrow.com , clothing and footwear, the stuff where its hard to order the correct size online. Heavy traffic/construction on I 35 made it a 14 plus hour day in hot weather.

Arrive at Ed's late in the evening right after a violent storm had just swept through, the dirt road was blocked by a fallen tree just short of his place. I walked in, everyone was asleep or bedding down for the night. No worries, I walked back and slept in my car. A beautiful cool night after the storm, which must have blown away all the mosquitoes. No worries, if bigfoot showed up I was armed to the teeth and I had my good dog along for the ride. Next day was a long, hot day at Ed's, no electricity, trees down left and right, including right into the porch and into Gene's truck.

The trees took out the power and IIRC no water was available, runs to town for bottled water were made. A great time was had by all but no showers were available.

I learned through Steelhead that campfire gossip had it that I stunk.

I wasn't aware we had campfire gossip, not like that, but apparently we do. I wasn't aware either that I smelled that bad that day.

Hell, maybe I stink alla the time I dunno.

But..... because of that day, Steelhead now owes me $2.00 American cool

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744