Originally Posted by milespatton
I agree Gene. For those that don't Kent, He has His head on very straight. miles

Even before you posted this, Miles, I was just thinking that you and Kent have the distinction of never being the recipient of insults and lies posted on this forum. That’s quite an accomplishment and a testament to your good character, I reckon.

O T O H...... I’ve proven myself to be something of a magnet for them, so everyone is free to draw their own conclusions about THAT.

I will say this..... only three members have posted outright lies about me and my past, and two of them figure prominently in this thread.Steve Timm is one, but after I hounded him about it over a long period of time ( openly , on this forum,since I don’t do PM’s much ) he finally posted a sincere apology which I accepted.Another has not been mentioned but he apologized as well.

That leaves Scott, who started this thread. He seems to have let up on his childish agenda where I’m concerned, and I’ll take that in lieu of an apology anytime.

Regardless of the quality of his educational credentials, Ken Howell was a learned man in any field which interested him. I counted him a personal friend, as you know since we had three way , face to face, conversations at Quemado. I’ve never required perfection from my friends and Ken is no exception.

Based on my experiences I’ll offer my take on this thread:

Could the PM from Steve to Scott be genuine? I’ll say YES, with the caveat that if Steve denied it I’d believe his denial.

Scott’s style is to take a truthful fact and twist it and embellish it to suit his purpose, not to make up a lie out of whole cloth.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place