Originally Posted by krp
It actually bothered Ken that he may have offended someone... me I don't give a chit, if I offended someone... good...

Kent

well i knew him for an awful long time, long time before i ever heard of the campfire. He could be prickly, he didn't put up with fools lightly.
And he sure didn't have much money. I am not gonna name names, but i know some checks i wrote him personally he signed over to others on the campfire that were claiming need of some kind, i check endorsements. I remember the names, they never paid him back either.
This issue with howell isn't the only thing, as others have mentioned slams at family members, dead kids and so on, how do you defend someone that does that.
there is a guy up in montana that has a mighty fine gun collection, took me quite a while to figure out why he quite posting for a long while on here.
Ken was a complex individual that most on here never saw or heard of until after his stroke. I was the beneficiary of his kindness many many times, among other things he chose to call me a friend. I don't get many that do that. And it struck me after his giving me that 358 norma magnum made by the same gunsmith elmer used. I was asking him some questions on ballistics, he wheeled/hobbled himself into the computer and was generating all kinds of things. He knew my mind better than i did in some ways. I got from him a lot of reading material. He knew when i got on something i learned all i could about it, and that was his way of leading me known paths of a technical nature.
But the point is Ken has been dead awhile. What kind of person really pounds the memory of somebody in the ground.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO