Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Entire mammoths have been unearthed with food still undigested in their stomachs. Look at the Grand Canyon, it was a flood, not over millions of years. Look at where the coal and oil deposits are. Flooding placed them there. It says in the Bible, that there were no seasons before the flood. The seasons started afterward. Probably a giant asteroid hit the earth hard enough to cause it to wobble on its axis causing the seasons, and massive flooding and climate change, like tsunamis, and rain. It also says the animals were herbivores, not carnivores, before the flood. Panda bears eat bamboo, even though they are capable of digesting meat. Massive deposits of fossil animals have been found world wide indicating massive flooding. Every civilization from India, China, Middle East, Egypt, all tell of massive flooding stories.

You should not try to prove matters of faith using science, especially if you don't understand the science. For instance:

"There are scientific proofs of massive flooding all over the world." No there aren't. There are instances of localized flooding.

"Mammoths." These have been reliably dated long before any possible date for Noah's flood.

"Look at the Grand Canyon, it was a flood, not over millions of years. Look at where the coal and oil deposits are." No reputable geologist would agree with you on this.

Probably a giant asteroid hit the earth hard enough to cause it to wobble on its axis causing the seasons..." If that happened (which it did, we think, about 4 billion years ago) the impact would melt the earth into molten lava, taking millions of years to cool.

"...the animals were herbivores, not carnivores, before the flood." Hardly. Lions etc. cannot digest vegetable food. Their teeth are wrong and their intestines are too short.

Well, science and faith do not exactly contradict each other. The fact is that there are great flood stories from around the world. Look at Genesis 7:11- In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month--on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.

Well, lets look at what some scientist believe may have happened around 2800-3000 BCE. That would be the Burckle Crater in the deep Indian Ocean. Note the location of that crater:

[Linked Image]

This I take from my memory of a paper I read some years ago, and it seems plausible to me:

When something like that hits several things happen. One being a massive tidal wave thousands of feet high. Also would be an incredible amount of ejected sea water in the form of mostly super heated steam. That ejected sea water would condense and come down like rain.

But more than that. We know from deep water nuclear testing that the water pulsates until the energy is dissipated. It ends because there is no more energy being added to the reaction. But in this case the floor of the ocean, and some of the material closer to the core, would be super heated. Now when the water returns it super heats and the reaction is driven. It still runs until the energy is dissipated but that takes a much longer time than a comparative firecracker that would be a nuclear warhead.

Now note that the Middle East is directly inline with that impact, and is not very high above sea level. Now the question becomes the statement of "The entire world". Does it mean the entire planet OR the world known to the people in that region. Just like the animals, does it mean all the animals on the planet or just the animals of that region?

Note that the torah is about the Jewish people and their fore-bearers. While it applies to all men and teaches all men, it is specifically aimed at that group.

On another topic, I firmly believe that Genesis 2 is not a repeat or expansion on Genesis 1. How much time passed between the two is an unknown.

You seem to forget.

According to the Bible narrative EVERYONE in the world except Noah and his family DIED, so there would be no one else anywhere else in the world to record stories of the same alleged world wide flood.

Genesis 6:17 Behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life ... Every thing that is in the earth shall die.

7:14: and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

&:20 and the mountains were covered.

7:23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

Water covered the highest mountain. Rained for 40 days and 40 nights,

Real nice guy, your God....murdering EVERYONE.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/12/18.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell