Originally Posted by FreeMe

....I think it's safe to assume that Noah had knowledge of proper boat construction....

... I'm going to assume that people of Noah's time weren't as ignorant as most people think...

Nothing I can find in scriptures shows Noah personally had proper knowledge of boat construction. [regardless of shape, size or otherwise]
or to use your words.... That is simply not supported by the information available.

but if you have scriptural evidence to support what you call a safe assumption, you make like to present it to CF readers.
without reasonable evidence , it would just be mere conjecture on your part.

Obviously, a vessel that size would require different timber than a small vessel could get away with...

Can you clarify what you mean by 'different ' timber.?

and what relative size do you mean by a small vessel?

...we don't know precisely what God told Noah. We can only make conjecture based on what is written and our assumptions.

actually We do know from scripture that God had given Noah some very specific details for the Ark.

OALxWxH dimensions...rooms, ...a roof...where to position the window,...number of decks ..side door, .gopherwood, tar inside /out. etc

nothing in scripture says God gave him any other details on construction than the Book lists.
accordingly I am not inclined to create conjecture that we are missing out on details that God gave Noah on construction , but didnt give us.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.