Originally Posted by OldHat
I'm a Christian trained in science and I realize, fully, that the hydrological cycle as we know it exists does not support the idea that a flood could have covered the entire land mass of the planet. There is simply not enough physical water on the planet to do it, and the amount required is far beyond anything that could be jettisoned through natural means.

So either ...
1) There was a miracle by God to accomplish the flood. (I fully accept miracles. For example, I don't doubt for a second that Christ was raised from the dead).
2) The Noah story is allegorical.

I'm okay with either explanation. I don't know, and I honestly don't understand the Noah account. I can live with this small uncertainty.

The bottom line is that there is such an enormous amount of solid rational evidence that I don't doubt for a minute in the existence of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and that he is who he says He is. I literally have no doubts about His existence and that the world is raging a battle of spiritual turmoil for the hearts and souls of men.

It seems you didn't learn about the part if the land was smoothed out the water would be about two miles deep. I heard it in two different lectures by Ph.D scientists. Both started as evolutionists and were converted to creation by their scientific observations. The first one was a Ph.D in hydraulics and water sedimentation. While studying in the Grand Canyon he discovered the layers had to be laid down in one continuous flood. The other was a chemist. He discovered it based on the time it takes for coal and oil to form. He said, "If it does not form quickly, it doesn't form at all." He decided a world wide flood could cause the conditions necessary to produce both. In a question and answer session he said a better question would be, "Where did all the land come from?"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter