Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

First of all any, reference to Eve must depend upon Biblical exposition; that is, Adam and her were created on the 6th day. As the only two people in the then-world and with immediate responsibilities, we can safely presume God created them as adults, perfect adults. For instance, as a 25 yo adult she might have been only five minutes old.

If Eve was created from Adam's rib, that would mean that they were related and Cain and Abel were products of incest.

not only that, which means we're all cloned from clones. but also the fact that neither adam nor eve had belly buttons. the rest of us do.

And who did Cain and Abel marry?
And Enoch the 3rd son, after one had already been killed built a city before he had any kids....where did all the people come from to populate this "city".

i can only raise my head, and say that i don't know. i think so much of the stuff written by the scribes described the stories they had been told. anything not of this earth could have been called "god" because what else would they have called them.

god walked with adam and eve in the garden? well, true enough, but what were the scribes describing as "god?" well, to them it was god. not of this world, someone or something with infinite technological power over what the herders had. afterall, none had attended gov't school per se. but someone did pass down or share the ability to write on scrolls, tablets, etc. the oral tradition had long been extant. so, speech was an early adaptation. i suppose ancient hebraic language was the one most preferred?