Originally Posted by Valsdad
Well, the tour has reached the West coast. Well, not quite the coast as we're a good 5-7 hr drive away, depending on route, weather, and road construction.

The man of the hour, so to speak , arrived in fine shape this afternoon, plenty of tape on the package. More than plenty. But not quite an excess.

However, dick that I is, I cut the dang end off with a pair of shears and ruint the bottom of Leighton's nice plastic cover over the State List. He's a pro for sure........me? Not so much.

The situation is not dire, but it may be rectified if I can find a plastic sleeve around here. Or a giant ziplock.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Mr Stubbs, being a well rounded man about town, will not be relegated to only outdoor pursuits while a guest on the 7Acre RANCH! Some here know I have a fondness for epicurean delights. Thanks to Stubbs' dad, kamo_gari, who provided ideas for marinating some snow goose breasts I was gifted (actually the whole goose, I'm rarely lucky enough to get them cleaned already), Stubbs was available for assistance in the galley this evening. He assisted in the production of some Kerrygold Reserve, aged over 2 years, cheddar and goose breast quesadillas. He politely declined an offer of some for his dining pleasure, as he didn't want to get cheese and goose grease on his magnificent finish.

As is photographically evident, Stubbs is a fan of cast iron also. He would fit in on fora other than only the Hunters' Campfire, however, for ease of following his journey I will only post his visit records up here:

He was a pleasant dinner companion and did not hog the conversation, while seated to the right of the head of the table (OK, my computer desk, but I'm still the head of it) :

Tomorrow will hopefully bring a bit better weather for something outdoor related. Had Stubbs arrived a bit earlier, he may have gotten in on some attempts at starling population reduction. Unsuccessful, as the 8-15 mile per hour variable and gusty wind with blowing snow was not conducive to accurate shooting I guess. Stubbs suggested a ballistic calculator to plug in the 7.56 gr projectile, +/- 1000fps, and 25 yard distance at our elevation and latitude. I may have been using the wrong holdover and right compensation for the 3/4 value wind out of the North.

I'll have to check and make sure, but I think the only game seasons we have open right now are for non-game animals, yotes and jacks. I may decide to take ol' Stubbs up the hill for a walk in the new melting snow just for fun though. Take a 20g along for a walk.

Stubbs will be heading to Washington in a coupla days, for a vacation in Hawai'i following.

Stay tuned, same channel, same forum.

👍👍😆😆😆😆😆😆👍👍👍👍👍👍

Good stuff!!!