We headed out to check on the fire damage. There were some reports of a mosaic burn and some indicating that places looked like the lunar surface.

While we were en route, Stubbs spotted a languishing snow pile barely clinging to life and insisted on making a snow angel. He said the snow reminded him of frolicking in the snow with his parents a few months ago. He was melancholy at first, but the snow revived him.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

We usually enjoy heading to an old mining development near Douglas Creek and Lake Creek. Here is a boarding house site as it appeared this weekend.

Here is what it looked like until last year.

We took the road through the old mining town of Keystone. We and Mr. Stubbs were saddened to see Douglas Creek meandering through the burn scar. Any rain is going to produce a lot of muddy runoff. There are a lot of small, private mining claims along the river. It is going to be sporty hunting that area when the grass returns and the wind starts blowing down all of those trees.

Back at the cabin, Mr. Stubbs wanted to lounge about my wife’s gorgeous tulips and daffodils.

I am sure some of you pervs were thinking something different. Sorry to disappoint you.

We brought out our cabin shotgun, Rossi, who also has an MSW in firearm therapy. He visited with Mr. Stubbs and explained that even the lowliest, plastic-stocked example of the shotgun maker’s art can work as well as the finest heirloom. In fact, Rossi is a grouse killing machine. We broke out a bottle of barrel 21 of private stock Wyoming Whiskey, which was the first barrel of Wyoming Whiskey sold to the general public. The project was spearheaded by our Campfire friend eh76, and a few Campfire members were in the buying group. The barrel was put up in 2010 and the whiskey was bottled by group consensus in 2019. It is reserved for honored guests and special occasions. Here is a picture of Mr. Stubbs and Rossi just goofing off. Note that the open range cattle had left traces of their visit of some time ago.

More to follow.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln