Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I'm not good at this touchy-feely schit, but little Stubbs needed some help. He was somewhere between Rain Man and that dude from Sling Blade.

Figured some low-rent NM cuisine would break the cycle. Not some Hi-brow Lapua type joint, this situation called for real green chile sauce. Behold Stubb's exposure to the shredded beef stuffed sopapilla smothered in green chile (no cerveza, amigos, as work still had to be conducted):

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

While spirits improved slightly as the spices hit home, he quickly whithered afterward. I asked myself "Self, WWJD? That's What Would Jag Do for the uninitiated. I am not Catholic but I was desperate. No offense was intended, and any infraction committed was purely due to ignorance and an overabundance of concern for our little blued friend.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Things are on the upswing now and I believe the darkness has fled. Will update as appropriate....

I've not mentioned it before but when I sent him off on his 'year abroad' I gave him a tiny mobile phone and told him to check in with Papa from every host family location. In the past 2 weeks he's texted me about fruit getting shot off his head, being forced to wear weird disguises, watching a guy drink himself into oblivion alone every night and more. Last text said he was somehow sad to leave the previous host but all is OK but now wants to know if it's OK if he drinks Mezcal, can Mama make posole and albondigas and do I mind if he brings home souvenirs like a switchblade... Of course I assured the lad that his hosts were solid and would take good care of him. I did warn his that if he was unboxed by a dirty man named Roy that he was to roll due east immediately.