Today he had a short visit to the reloading room. He got to see items not found on many reloading benches, although around this place it wouldn't surprise me to find another loonie with something similar or even more rare.

I'm in the slow process (some health issues over the winter, etc) of working up a good load for the .25-20 and .256WinMag with smaller "non-toxic" bullets in that caliber. No loading data exists to my knowledge. Bullet "tips" are hard to find in a suitable size. The ones in the foreground were machined by our very own vapodog from larger bullets suitable for a .257 Bob or .25-'06 .(thanks vapo, I haven't given up yet).

The cases, as you can see, are original Winchester brass, correct headstamp, not resized .357Mag. Complete with an original box. Some of the stuff I have for that round came with a rifle I bought, some from gun shows. Besides the rifle I have a custom revolver with a .25-20 cylinder also. The pistol has taken a javelina in AZ with some Speer Hot-Core bullets, but I cannot hunt with them here, therefor the attempt at finding a suitable load with a Barnes type bullet.

Stubbs got a little lesson in obsolete cartridges and the troubles we loonies go through to keep them running.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And then, on his trip to the post office for his ride to the next stop, one last look at the Warner Mountains in a little storm we're having. Post office was getting ready to close or I might have stopped at the range to puncture a little paper during a break in the rain. Interesting that I caught that pic right where the turn for the range is in front of that little homestead on the left (complete with a motorless motorhome in the driveway for the last 3 years or so)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Goodbye, Stubby. It was a pleasure serving as mentor, tour guide, and firearm historian while you were here. Safe travels and enjoy your vacation.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?