Uh oh, starlings spotted on the perimeter wire at the Gulag. Attempting to maneuver into the feed and water area. Stubbs to serve as spotter at the sniper's hide.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

We got the shot away, Stubbs calling come ups and stuff, but I think he had me hold off left a mil or two too far. I saw the varmint swoop off at a downward angle to the west, look like he'd end up in the garden beds, but it must have been an evasive maneuver learned from avoiding hawks and such. No enemy kills found. frown But tomorrow's another day, and the good thing about starlings..................another will be along shortly.

After a nice midafternoon nap, time for more chores around the 7Acre RANCH!.

While on the way to the shop to get a wrench, Stubbs noticed the big yellow thing parked next to it. Like most kids his age, and many men of an older age class, he wanted to start it up and move some dirt or something. Maybe he had training with Tonka Toys like a lot of Boomers, maybe his gramps still had his?

"Please Geno, Please can we play on the tractor?"..............................."sorry Stubbs, we've got other kinda fun stuff to do"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?