Stubbs out for some Vit D gathering on the afternoon walk with the fam:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And everyone is a little Irish on St Paddy's day, right? Stubbs with the corned beef dinner.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My wife and I have incomes, so once a week or so we "stimulate" the local economy by eating dinner prepared by others. Saw an ad in the local rag that our nearby Lodge was fixin' the corned beef stuff. Called to order two dinners when they opened at 4pm, for a 5pm pickup, then went for a walk with our guest and the pups. Got home, dropped off the pups and Mom, got in the car and drove to the place. Upon arrival I was asked if I was "so and so". Nope, I called at 4 and left the name Geno. Oh, well these dinners are for the "so and so's". I took a stand on the other side of the lobby and watched the show while I waited. A few folks came and went. Masked and maskless, me of that latter variety, but socially distant as that's the way I am anyway.

Finally, 5:25 or so, the gal comes over. "There was a mix up with some of the to go orders, yours is being prepared right now."

OK says I, thanks. But, I'm about a half hour past my dinner time and I get really grumpy when I get hungry.

She went about for a few minutes, came back and says "One of your dinners is being comped"

Good by me. I was going to leave them a good tip for the two dinner price, being as how there is some Irish blood flowing around. Instead, I left them the two dinner tip and only had to pay for one dinner, therefor leaving a higher percentage for the actual workers today. One guy was all decked out in green clothes, so I think at least one of the employees was a fellow Irisher.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?