The 270 is a great cartridge and has been around for quite some time. For heavy game a 280 for me with 140TSX works for me. My 6 Creedmoors with a 90 or 100 gr bullet kills game just as dead. Just a thought from all posters on this thread...... what is the average distance of most shots taken? My guess is 250 yards or less which is basically point and shoot with a 200/220 yard zero that nearly every centerfire will accomplish with ease. There are some very good points of view on this thread, but...... this is dead nuts here:

150 grain bullet out of 308 Win, 24” barrel @ 2,950 fps.
140 grain bullet out of 7-08 Rem, 24” barrel @ 2,950 fps.
130 grain bullet out of 270 Win, 24” barrel @ 3,150 fps.
130 grain bullet out of 6.5 CM, 24” barrel @ 2,850 fps.
150 grain bullet out of 30-06, 24” barrel @ 3,100 fps.

New product development ie. "new calibers" is merely a sales gimmick for the guns and ammo manufacturers to collect our cash!
Look how many deer have been taken with the 30-30 and other lever guns?

Then the gun manufacturers come up with "new rifles" such as Senderos, Bean Field Rifles, Long Range this, Long Range that and we donate our hard earned money chasing the new flavor of the day.

6.5 Creedmoor was a marketing genius form Hornady. Is it any better than the other calibers mentioned here? Nope. But they sure as hell sold the shiitt out of it and money exchanged hands from the Hunter/ Shooters to the manufacturers just as they planeed it!

Several other calibers could be added to this list. Potato vs Potatoe. Pick your caliber and master it.