I'm an unbashful .270Win fan. That said, there's really nothing it does or doesn't do that can't be did or not-did by a dozen other cartridges with similar capacity and the same or very close projectile diameters and weights.

I have a pair of M70 SS Classic Fwt's that shoot 140gn TSX's @ 3030fps better than I'm capable of most days. I've taken game w/both of them out past 500yds. They shoot the same ammo so I'm able to grab a box of 50, both rifles, and it's a coin-flip for which is the primary and which is the backup. I can load ammo for them relatively quickly as I'm using Ramshot Hunter powder and have a tool-head set up to run them through a Dillon 550. Assuming I'm starting from prepped brass, I can prime/charge/seat a bullet on 100 rounds in ~15Min.

The 270 case feeds very smoothly through nearly any action brand/style. There's enough variety in projectile weight and construction to make it viable in pretty much any/every NA big-game situation. A 22" bbl is plenty to get anything/everything one wants/needs from a big game rifle and I find 22" to be very handy without being so short as to be also obscenely loud. In most 7.5-9# factory rifle configurations, the .270Win's recoil is very manageable as well.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.