Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
10glocks,

Before you dig any deeper, I think Stick was implying that despite a gain in mass, which is proportional to BC, there is no gain in BC (there’s actually a loss, instead) with that particular bullet, which implies that form factor was sacrificed for other design features. Compare with the 147 ELD, which has less mass and a higher BC value.

I'm sorry, but your explanation doesn't comport with his statements:

"Mass" is largely meaningless.

Mass is hardly "largely meaningless." It is THE (only) numerator in the BC formula. No mass, no bullet. So it is largely the single most important factor in calculating at a BC, since the rule of thumb is that for a given caliber and given shape (design), a rise in mass always increases BC.

Berger throws mass at the equation,but misses BC by miles. Pardon the 153.5 grainer having a better BC than the 156.

To me, that demonstrates that he doesn't know that other elements of the projectiles design can offset mass to produce a higher BC. It sounds like to me he's under the impression that more mass means high BC under all circumstances and that ain't always the case.

I’m pretty sure he was not implying that Berger doesn’t know how to calculate BC, as you stated above.

Given his posts and self-congratulating bullshit, yeah, it's easy to conclude that's exactly what he meant.

If that wasn't his intent, perhaps an effort to discuss the subject rationally and state his thoughts clearly would help. That's obviously asking too much.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 08/28/21.