Originally Posted by Riflehunter

Agree mostly with this, but there are some < exceptions > . For example if you are hunting in thick woods for very large game where shots are not going to be more than 150 yds, then a bigger bore such as .338 or .358 with say a 250 grain projectile and a shorter barrel say 20-22" and maybe a short action weighing no more than 8lbs with scope with manageable recoil will be better than say a .270 with 130 grain projectiles...this means a cartridge that isn't very flat shooting e.g .338-06, .358 Whelen, .338 RCM, .358 WSM (wildcat) . Also, if hunting heavy dangerous game such as buffalo a .45 caliber using a 500 grain projectile at 2200-2300 fps is ideal, but certainly not flat shooting.

I never said the 270 was best for every situation. You bring in exceptions. I have other, heavier cal/cartridges for diff
applications.

Mr. Phil (458 Win here) professional guide and hunter in Ak says the 30-06 is entirely adequate for Brown Bear in Ak.
He didn't mention any of the rounds of our "dissenters" here.

These guys are not interested in the 270 discussion and could be called "haters"

Originally Posted by lapua6547
Have we debated the .270 enough?

New thread , new caliber for discussion?

Originally Posted by NVhntr
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by asheepdog
.280 Remington for the WIN

Originally Posted by Caplock
Sell em all and get a .300 Savage.

They don't WANT to talk 270 and are trying to distract and ruin a thread they are not interested in.

However 10 ga gives an answer to one of your questions. I agree with him.

Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I will take flat shooting even in the brush. The closer to line of sight a bullet stays the less chance of deflection from unseen obstructions.

I & 10 ga. have tried to answer your ??

To YOU 'other' guys....If you don't like this thread or the 270....GO find another thread you like or start your own, OR
find someone else's thread to disrupt and K M B

Jerry, and I said that.

Last edited by jwall; 08/24/21.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!