The games you shoot pretty much explain it, Dave.

It's fine to use scopes that are iffy for games where you shoot pretty much at one yardage or at distances with little differential. You're not dialing the scope too much. The click values and reticle values being wrong won't effect things too much. You think 40 targets is a lot of shooting? What's that, once a month?

The games I play pretty much mirror hunting. The click values and reticle values for hold off matter. 1st round hits matter

I have a 100 yard zero on the scope and it's constantly being dialed up and down out to 1200 yards all day in matches that the round count varies from 60 to 200. That doesn't include practice. 2 to 3 matches per month

Let's talk about reliability through punishment now.

You shoot games where your rifle is on a nice bench in a bench rest.

My rifle is being hauled over the course like hunting scenarios. The rests vary from prone with a bipod to slamming the forend down on a boulder, using the scope as a point of contact on a barricade or tree trunk and even against the side of an old adobe window in a building. That't to say nothing about being sandblasted with wind and dirt. Falling with your rifle in hand while moving between shoot positions happens.

Here's an example. Tony happens to be shooting a S&B...

Round count?

I have 4 Mark 4's. One is on a competition rifle that has had 3 barrels on it. Same scope. Older model Mark 4 with MOA adjustments and the TMR.

The new Mark 4 M5 A2 34mm mounted on my Creedmoor now is the best scope my gunsmith has ever seen or had the pleasure to mount and evaluate. The click values are perfect through the total travel of available elevation...23 MILS

The scope tracks perfectly through the entire available travel, never veering from the vertical line on the board out to 23 MILS when the knob stops

The adjustments are the most responsive he's seen. No lag between adjustment and movement. The glass is second to none.

All of the above can be said about the Vortex line as well. Both are a lot of scope for the money. Just put a VX3 4/5-14 40mm CDS LR TMR on my lightweight hunting rifle. Reticle is perfect and click value is .247 Only gets to be really off at 52 1/2 MOA of travel. That gets me reliably to 1200 yards

So you evaluate scopes by what others tell you and seem to use more in the games you play and by seeing your groups grow over mounting round count?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.