I'm very aware of what an MOA and a MIL are as well as the difference between a 1st and 2nd focal plane scope and how their reticles work...

Thus the reason I asked this question in a previous post that was never answered...
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
BTW Rick, at what distance do you use that story board/jig and what are the substension measurements on the story board mil side... Just curious...

Distance will matter in your test as compared to the substensions marked on your test board... If the marks are an inch apart then you can not use it to measure a scopes reticle at 100 yds or if they are 3.6 inches apart you can not use it to measure the reticle at 29 yards...At least the way you have it pictured...

I "gleaned nothing from the objective report" after considering the source... A report can be written to favor one side or the other... If price is the determining factor one could put a Vortex Viper in against the Leupold and the tables would shift if written by a Non-Pro Leupold individual...

What you have showed is that both scopes work close to advertized while sitting at a table running a turret... Both scopes may work perfectly in "Real Hard Field" use or one can schit the bed the first day out... That would be my concern...

Thanks for your overzealous hasty response to my question but that question was directed to John and not you, thus the reason I quoted John... At least you took the opportunity to Plug Leupold once again...

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Like you, I just use $hit that works.
But UNLIKE You, I KNOW what works.

Before you get too carried away,sticking out your ribs running your man pleaser from behind that keyboard, I would much more prefer that you tell me what I do and do not know in person... I live less than 20 miles from the NRA and am in Albuquerque at least once every two weeks... We should continue that discussion at a later date...