Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Can you post some evidence like targets before and after, or do you only have hearsay as evidence?

I've posted pics of a Nightorce that failed after 2 shots. That's fact documented.

Not arguing that any scope, including Leupold, can go bad or be bad from the factory. I've had some go wrong, sent them in, and they've been fixed correctly and expediently.

My experience with Leupold I've laid out right here. One-shot long range kills, long range groups with cheap 400$ base models, groups with upper end tactical models, and accomplishments in competition with those models after thousands of rounds of use over multiple barrels on the same rifle/scope combo.

It's show and tell time. And not just tell

Posting picts does tend to help separate out the keyboard hunters. OP asked about coyotes so here are a few.

My First (1990) LR coyote @ 810yds. Leupold 4.5-14X50 on a 1" tube. Scope is still in service.
[Linked Image]

800yd coyote. 1st Gen 30mm SF 4.5-14X50mm Leupold. Scope is still in service.
[Linked Image]

750yd coyote. 1st Gen 30mm SF 4.5-14X50mm Leupold. Scope is still in service.
[Linked Image]

600yd coyote. 2nd Gen 30mm SF 4.5-14x50mm. I have that scope on one of my ARs and it is still perfect. Several barrels have died under that optic.
[Linked Image]

1017yd coyote. 3rd Gen 30mm SF 4.5-14x50mm.
[Linked Image]

703yd coyote. same scope as above but three years and thousands of rounds later. Never lost zero and tracks better than I can shoot.
[Linked Image]

We are blessed with a lot of good scopes these days but I find the 4.5-14 Leupold works better for me than anything else I have tried. smile

Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Naval Crane has stated NF has less than a 1% failure rate. The S&B PSR scopes around 2%. Depending on the model, Leupold variable Mark 4's 7-15%.

I assume you are referring to NSWC, Crane Division. I would love to see that statement if you have a link.

It is pretty interesting that NSWC, Crane Division has awarded Leupold the new contract for the ECOS-O Optic for SOCOM. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.