Looks like people are looking for different things out of scopes. Of the 10-ish Leupold variables I've had, all tracked pretty consistently, at least as consistently as I could measure. As such, you could use them all for dialing purposes if required.

A little under half tracked with correct values respective to their markings; most were a little fast, some fixed power ones were slow. The newest variables (from the hunting line, haven't tried any of the new fancy tactical models) were better in this regard, but still not perfect. You can map them and use them, but it isn't ideal.

I saw unexplained POI shifts in most of them within a year of use, usually 2 MOA+. This bothered me the most, and ultimately resulted in me not using Leupold variables anymore. I just don't trust them to hold a sight in, and I hate second guessing my sight in the whole time I'm hunting.

They aren't BAD scopes at all, in fact they do some things better than pretty much any other company. My personal lack of trust in POI consistency is why I don't use them anymore.

Empirical results rule!