Originally Posted by Hondo64d
I still don't get it. Because you and RC have not observed such failure rates means it can't and doesn't happen?

Something like "I have used dozens of Leupolds and have not observed the failure rates you mention," I can understand. But this whole pretense that if you didn't see those failure rates yourself, it couldn't happen that way to someone else, is pretty ridiculous.
John

Well we are just victims of our experience, although most of the Leupold bashers in this thread seem to place a very high value on what others have told them.

I will admit that I have had very positive experiences with Leupold optics. I have personally used hundreds of them.

I have never seen a failure based on tracking or click values.

I have never had a Leupold optic fail me in the field, but I can remember a few times my ego really wanted to believe the scope had failed and not my shooting.

I have seen a few (5) spit the backlash o-ring but was instrumental in a change at Leupold to ensure the retaining disk was more securely crimped. I have never heard anyone else have this issue.

So based on my personal experience I am expressing my opinion that the high failure rates some have stated are figments of imagination. I also might have some inside info on what actually happens at Leupold when a scope is returned for �tracking issues�.

I do get to have an opinion and you are welcome to disagree.

Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Are you sure you've never been abducted by aliens? grin
John

I would remember the �probing�. Not so much a fan of unwanted �probing�. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.