Jordan, I wondered the same thing. Here's a quote I found from Formidilosus.

As far as Vortex.... My partner was a sponsored shooter for Vortex for a while (so consequently I used them). We had two 5-20 Razors go down on us in matches. Both with the same issue. If you put more than 12 in/lbs of torque on the scope rings it crushes the tube to the point where it locks the parallax adjustment up. Both times were exactly the same- everything was working fine and then in the middle of a stage the gun goes boom and everything went blurry. Turning the parallax knob did not adjust it at all. Loosen the rings up and POP it works.

The first time it happened was to Jeff. Vortex told him his rings were to tight, so we loosened them to 15-16 in/lbs. The second time was to me. We took them to the range and played with it and anything more than 12-13 in/lbs and you risked it locking up. After that he had a 1-4x Razor lose zero in a major 3-Gun match and left Vortex.

The first Viper PST's I played with were very cheesy. The power rings could be twisted fore and aft about 1/16th to almost 1/8th of an inch showing a gap front and back. Now I've heard that they have fixed them, but I also see that there are quite a few with issues still.

I'm not trying to badmouth them but for me, given the issues I've had and the fact that there are truly bombproof scopes both below and just above the Vortex price points I skip right over them.