Been busy....

[Linked Image]

There was no purposely putting the Leupold on a POS gun. The Leupold was put on the gun it was because it was available. We were not there to shoot LR or groups. rcamuglia asked for targets so I went out during a break and shot some. That gun has just over 4k rounds on it and averages right at 1.4 MOA for 10 round groups with MK262 MOD1. It gets grouped weekly for score. It averaged 1.2 MOA for 10 rounds when new.

The 5 round zeroing target was just over an inch. Then it was immediately shot on the bottom dot for "tracking". Can't say why the group was that big. There were 3 shots on the top dot. One was just off the edge of the IPSC target. I did in fact measure the group, was just over 1.2 inches.

It doesn't matter if it's a .6 inch group or a 6 inch group. Mean point of impact (group) is mean point of impact. Tell yourself whatever you want , that Leupold did not adjust correctly, did not return to zero and has a canted reticle.

I will not "dial past and then back down" to insure that the scope adjusts. That's a bandaid for a weak erector system.

Leupold has never won an open military scope contract for their variable Mark 4's. Ever. Mark 8, yes. Mark 6, yes. Mark 4, no. The 3.5-10x40mm M3 LR on the M110 is a package from Knight. The 4.5-14x50 LR M1 on the M107 is a package from Barrett. Etc....

John, you called me a liar when you said that I was bluffing. You either have the most magical Leupolds on the planet, or......

SOTIC, Benning, Camp Robinson, the SEALs, and probably the civilian school that sees the most US SOF snipers (other than Accuracy 1st) Rifles Only, all report the same thing: Leupolds develop more problems per capita than all other scopes combined. The reason is simple- they took a hunting scope that was never made for repeated dialing and truly rough use, rebadged it and called it tactical.

I have and currently still use several Leupolds. One needs 18 MOA dialed to adjust 12MOA..... But hey, it adjusts consistently and stays zeroed so it's awesome, right? A 6-18x40 TT has had the erector assembly replaced twice. The fixed powered Leupolds are truly great hunting scopes and I recommend them heartedly. For the cost of variable Mark 4's or their hunting scopes with turrets there are better, more reliable scopes available IME....

I see a lot of rounds fired a year. Between the military, competition and training my annual round count alone is north of 30K. From my and my buddy's/mates experience I recommend these scopes- Night Force NXS, Hensoldt, SWFA SS, Bushnell HDMR, and Leupold Fixed power Mark 4's. These scopes consistently give solid service with little drama.

If you have one that works, great. So do I. Use it, beat it up, but don't pretend that they don't have a higher rate of failure than others.