I don't know what to tell you John and Rick..... Me and just about every military sniper I know have the same issues with Leupold. Every military sniping course I know of reports the same issues. I see it in every class. Rifles only reports the same issues. There are posts constantly on this sight alone of Leupold problems.

The same problems as this.......

[Linked Image]

Both the Nightforce and SWFA have errors so low as to be totally within the tolerance of the rangefinder (PLRF 15). The brand new Leupold Mark 4 has nearly a 6 % error through 25.25 MOA adjustment. It also has the now famous Leupold canted reticle. On top of that it did not return to zero after the 25 1/4 MOA adjustment. It was .5 MOA off.

Again I like Leupold. They make a good to very good hunting scope. Their fixed power scopes are excellent. But I don't ignore the fact that they have a significantly higher rate of scopes that do not track correctly, adjust correctly, and adjust consistently.

What's being touted here by the Leupoldites is fanboy ism. Plain and simple. I'm not a fanboy of any of them. I'll be the first to say the S&B is having some issues with some of their scopes right now. I wouldn't choose to shoot US Optics either. But there are companies that have a better track record of producing scopes that just work.

The coyotes and the mile group prove nothing. Everyone claims their Leupod works perfectly..... Until we run the exact same test as above.