Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
In reality ANY optic will fail if beat around enough...
That seems pretty reasonable and the fact that many of the MK 4 Variables in the Army�s inventory have spent time on Barrett M107 might be considered a clue.

Barret supplies the Leupy as a package deal with the M107... I've had the opportunity to run the .50 In Country on numerous occasions and in only 2 instances did it still have the Leupy on board... Of the Unit's that could and had the resources to change their optic, "Most" were replaced with a S&B, US Optics or NightForce... That would be a "Clue"...

Please expound on your overwhelming use of an M107 In Country and the times that you put your life in the hands of that particular MK4...

I have 13 Leupy's that are all 30mm Tubes variables in Vari-X III, VX-III and Mark 4 models... 2 ea of which are at Leupold for repairs right now and 7 of which had been repaired previously... Repairs consisted of canted reticles, erector/tracking problems, side focus/parallex problems and internal problems...

As stated in a previous post I would love to be able to have a look at a Leupold LR scope that had issues. With your high failure rate it should not be long before you have another give up the ghost. Interested in letting me play with it before you send it back to Leupold?

I will be more than happy to send you the next Leupy that schits the bed... As a matter of fact I'll mount one up on a truck gun and use it every day like I use my NF Compact...

Personally I would only purchase Nightforce scopes knowing what I know now... Leupy's have their place as do the others but I can not see myself buying a Leupy anytime soon...

Really?????
Trijicon TR23G AccuPoint 5-20x50... Scope is in excellent condition... 30mm tube... Green Triangle reticle..

$600 shipped... Cash, check or money order... NO PAYPAL...

Swarovski 3-10x42A Habicht... Scope is in excellent condition... 1" tube... BR Reticle...

$625 shipped... Cash, check or money order... NO PAYPAL...

Will entertain trades...

Leupold 2.5-8 x 36 Matte... Turret(s) would be a plus... Leupy LR scopes... NF 2.5-10 with MOA or Mil turrets...

I see you�re just interested in trading for Leupolds. Oops blush

I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit and I don't think it is possible for me to type any slower for you, so I will change font color on the important parts... Not to mention the post you quoted was over a year old and I have learned a bit since then... So yes... REALLY!!!!

Personally I would only purchase Nightforce scopes knowing what I know now... Leupy's have their place as do the others but I can not see myself buying a Leupy anytime soon...

Rick,

Some guys simply won�t accept real evidence because it is easier to blame poor shooting or a rifle that really isn�t accurate on the black magic that hides inside scope tubes made in Beaverton Oregon.

I have seen no REAL evidence posted... I see a lot of hero pics with yardages posted that can't be proven... A half assed attempt showing reticle comparison at 29.6 yards or there about... The NF reticle not lined up with the board subtentions/marks and as we both know the leupy being a 2nd focal plane one can get the reticle to match the story board by adjusting the power ring...

I am not bashing leupold as I own a bunch of them... I would not go out on a limb to champion them either... IF I would have had as many NF/S&B/US Optics/any other brand scope fail as much I would have posted that as well... I am not a Fan Boy of any product but am a Fan of schit that works and works all the time... In my experience Leupold does not fall in that category for me... YMMV...

If you feel so strongly on Leupold and appear to stand behind their product why would you change to a 20 MOA turret with a zero stop on the product you push verses just running standard Leupold turrets ( M1's, M2s, M3's, M5's, target, CDS etc) Just curious...