Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by rost495

Its just my take on things. But when I do run Berger bullets, I run the target ones not the hunting ones, and I refuse to take angled shots.

A friend who runs Butch's Reloading just got back from a NM Pronghorn hunt. He stresses NOT to use the target version on game. He shot a doe 3 times and the Hybrid Target bullet penciled through.

I use em plenty, in fact I"m down to my last ones so need to start looking. I"ve shot probably 250 of them in the last 2 years, including probably 50 animals or so.

Mine are slow since its 308 Win on top of it, running 185s. They have never had an issue. Always caliber in, and maybe thumb size or dime size or a hair smaller exit.

Thats what I personally look for in a bullet. And they are much more consistent with expansion/damage than sierra game kings ever have been.

I am stubborn and refuse to run the hunting version simply because they are more destructive.

I don't doubt he had penciling, but I've seen that with every bullet I've ever shot, at times, except barnes and otehrs have had the same results with barnes IE have seen penciling where I have not.

IMHO it doesn't take much to kill an animal with proper shot placement( force most folks to draw vitals and skeletal onto an outline of a deer and you'd be amazed what you see...). It does take more if you are after bang flop or no trailing.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....