I am one who has never used a Berger bullet. Fact is I think I only used a so called premium bullet( partition) maybe on one or two hunts in 50 years. I could probably count on one hand all the times I have used any thing but Sierra bullets for big game.

One of those now is the Nosler AB. Not because of it's sterling terminal performance, but because the 130 gr in a 65. caliber, matches the twist rate in my old 6.5 Swede perfectly and is extremely accurate in the 300-400 yard range for pronghorn.

In all those years, I have seen the latest wonder bullet and all the hype for about two years after they hit the shelves, maybe five and have never succumbed to the notion that just had to use them as the elk were getting tougher and tougher.
I also don't subscribe to the theory that we have to prepare for the worse to happen.

I must be extremely lucky, because in 40+ elk and too many deer /pronghorn to count I have never had the worse happen.
I have lost one elk and one deer in all those years. The deer from a poorly chosen placed shot in my younger years and the elk doubling back in a herd and obliterating any blood trail while I thought it followed the herd.

Then there is a scenario of having to butt shoot a wounded animal because it was running off when the first shot didn't put it on the ground. Funny, that had never happened to me either.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles