In case anybody's forgotten (and many apparently have) this was the original post in this thread, from Landkiller:

"Who uses Berger bullets for elk? Results/experiences please."

He did NOT ask who will never use Berger bullets for elk, or who has used both Bergers and other bullets for elk. He asked who has used them, and what happened, and rcmuglia's elk qualifies. His reason for not using monometal bullets are a little bit of side-issues, but not really, since they illustrate why he chose a Berger, and his dead elk illustrates that in his instance it worked great. Which is what the OP was asking.

Very soon after it started the thread wandered off into the realm of "not me!" and what MIGHT happen. This doesn't seem to occur when people ask about other possible elk bullets, whether Barnes Triple Shocks, Nosler Partitions or AccuBonds or even Remington Core-Lokt's. Apparently only Bergers get the theory and pulpit boys stirred up--usually the same boys who've already expressed their opinion five or 10 or 100 times earlier on the same subject.

Now, back to our regular programming. I can see a line forming already.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck