Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
In the interest of balance, here is another link: http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/lets-see-your-berger-kills-94959/

I know you guys all mean well, but really, I want you to know, Berger bullets work fine for hunting at long and short ranges, in a plethora of situations. There is ample evidence of this, and documented accounts of hundreds of people in support. They aren't magic, and they do things other than what some would have them do, but for me, and for so many, my experience, though limited, supports their acceptable use on big game. I hear they don't often exit, but that hasn't been my experience. I hear they are soft, but I have seen no lack of penetration. They just behave differently that most hunting bullets. Not better, just different. There is a sort of philosophy behind their use for me, a set of ideals that they fit into, just like TTSX, Accubonds, Partitions, SAF, etc, fit into the ideals of others.

I understand the desire to shoot tough bullets. I've got some loads worked up with some Interbonds and SST's, and I've got a box of Accubonds and a few Partitions, all brands 180s, to work up as well. How I will use them remains to be seen. Maybe I'll put one in the pipe for close shots, and then if I need to stretch it out a long way, I'll swap for a VLD.

I don't attach a dogma to bullets. I will use what I like, and I encourage others to do the same. And to share diverse experiences from mine. Rant over.

Well said! It doesn't matter what the other guy uses as long as your happy.

Semper Fi