Yeah, no. I don't shoulder shoot, as I mentioned. I'm opposed to shoulder shooting, because I love the meat. Burns didn't say you have to shoulder shoot with Bergers. There are a few factors involved in planning and making longer shots, and John Burns was talking about his preferred shot. He makes longer shots than I will ever desire to, and the bone helps the bullet open when velocity has dropped way off. My longest planned shot still gives me plenty of velocity for expansion without hitting bone, which is what I want. I like your choice. If 500 yds was the longest shot I was planning for, Partitions would be a best option. The point I am making is that in my experience, Berger bullets are far LESS LIMITED than guys like you keep portraying. They are actually hunting bullets, just like an Accubond, or an SST, or a Partition. For most hunting that the average hunter does, BC isn't a factor, as shots aren't that long, and neither are mine. What I've found though is that Berger hunting bullets work just fine for all-around hunting, shoot accurately, and are far cheaper than a Partition. It's like magic!

They are awesome! Bergers cured my grandmother's gout! Berger bullets found me the best deal on a used car!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.