Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Bob,

You will have to try VLDs someday to truly understand the "magic". VLDs kill so quick that time actually backs up a few seconds. laugh grin laugh

John "Back to the Future" as they say! grin Does the time lapse allow me to call back a lousy shot? wink

Well actually a lot of what you say makes a lot of sense (since you are one of those "couple of people" whose opinion I trust).

I don't know of an expanding bullet that can be relied upon to make it all the way from the rear end clear to the chest cavity of an elk, although have no doubt that it has been done....maybe a Barnes or other mono?

For the record I have never done it nor tried it on an elk, but have seen it done with the 338-210 NPT....and I tend to think it was mostly damage to the pelvic region that sort of ended things. Don't know where that 210 ended up. confused

One thing for sure and that is it seems the bigger the animal the more precisely they should be hit. I think the whole Berger conversation is over for me. smile ..lots of wasted bandwidth and folks are always going to have different opinions based on "what if" scenarios, plus personal preferences in bullet types and so forth; plus it is very hard to argue with so many carcasses. wink

I would rather have more conversations about why the 270 sucks so bad .... whistle grin

Last edited by BobinNH; 09/21/13.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.