Logcutter, unfortunately, since you've never shot Bergers, nor see a need to, you don't seem to be adding a lot to the discussion. Hype is a slang term for hyperbole, I believe, which means exaggeration. What has been pointed out about Bergers on this thread has been factual. I haven't read any claims that haven't borne out from someone's personal experience, so it isn't hype. There are things that Bergers probably won't do very well, but most of the hype I hear is from naysayers that have never shot Berger bullets at game. Sorry to piss on your parade. man, but they really are great bullets, and they really do what people say they do. I agree with John Burns that they don't necessarily produce 'Dead Right There'. All the animals I've seen shot with Bergers dropped right there though. We used a finisher on an elk, because she wasn't hit that well, and was still kicking when we got to her. She was down though, and anchored with that marginal hit. That was when I was utterly sold on the fragmenting bullet in the ribs for undisturbed game.

I'm not asking you to like them, or to try them, or anything like that, but I will happily defend them, with all of the facts on my side, and all the hype on yours.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.