Originally Posted by Landkiller
Who uses Berger bullets for elk? Results/experiences please.
...........Landkiller.....Realize that most if not all of the VLD detractors on any VLD thread such as this where this is debated, haven`t used them on elk or on any other game. To not use them is their choice and they are entitled to their anti VLD opinion.

What you do, is take stock from those who have frequently used them on elk, such as John Burns and a few others. Their experiences using VLDs on elk is far more than most including me as well.

Of my 10 elk taken, the latest one was killed with a 30 cal 190 hunting VLD. Thought I`d give the VLD a try and keep an open mind. Well! It did not disappoint.

Fired from 328 yards at a 2830-40 MV, the 190 penetrated the right shoulder bone and continued on doing massive internal damage with bullet fragmentation found just below the hide on the other side. The bull staggered about 3 to maybe 4 yards and then collapsed.

I have to say that out of the ten, the VLD gave me the quickest kill.

The perverbial thinking of many `ol school hunters as was mentioned on this thread earlier, is that they can`t seem to get their heads out of the sand when it comes to the VLDS. They automatically associate "hunting" VLDs as "MATCH ONLY" paper punching bullets and should not be used on elk.

Well I say to them. Look at the successful VLD results on elk by John Burns and by many others.

Imo, that alone trumps their old school way of thinking and their lack of experience.

To find out how they work just as with the rest of us VLD users have!! You just have to try them for yourself.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger