Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

I find it uproariously laughable every time you imply that first-hand experience is a necessary factor in the human learning experience. If that were the case we would all be living in caves and communicating via grunts and other primitive pre-language sounds. Fortunately most of us are quite capable of learning from the experiences of others via a variety of means of communication.

I here what you're saying. You go to college to learn knowledge that others have gleaned, even at the Masters level. At a higher level though, your analogy fails you. You get a Ph.D awarded to you based on YOUR research, efforts, and findings. I'm not aware of anyone having a Ph.D in "riflery", but if there was such a thing, Barsness would be its first recipient.

I never suggested that people can't learn from first-hand experience, and in fact all of us do so all of our lives.

Liker JB says, no bullet is perfect for all occasions, or words to that effect, and I agree completely. I just find that, based on the experiences of others with VLDs (both good and bad), the information provided by the manufacturer, and my experiences with other bullets, the other bullets provide more of what I'm looking for in hunting bullets. And so far the ones I use have worked very, very well.

One dud was the Barnes XLC. Although they were very accurate in my 7mm RM, after one experience with them on antelope the rest got used for target practice.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.