After reading all of this post there is some great discussion on both sides of this topic. On that note, I load for both my brother and I's 7rm and use the 168 vld's with great success. To date we have one shot kills on his mountain goat at 380 yds, a 6 point bull right at 300yds, buck antelope at 430 yds and a doe antelope at 330 yds the same day, a muley buck at 80 yds, and a whitetail buck at 200 yds. We have only had one exit and that was on the doe antelope and it was a pretty good sized exit to say the least. Only ever recovered pieces of the bullets inside of the animals as it turns there vitals into jello very quickly.

I was lucky enough this year to kill my first elk with my bow, 5 point inside of 20 yds and if things continue that is my preferred method to hunt, especially elk.

That being said, I picked up a 243 this past winter and have it loaded with 105 vld's over Retumbo and plan on packing it hunting for antelope and deer this fall, possibly to hunt for my cow elk also. I firmly believe in shot placement and have passed if things are not coming together correctly, but I have never been on a guided hunt many miles away from home either. The high BC and great terminal performance is why I will continue to use Berger VLD hunting bullets.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
- Dale Carnegie