Thanks, Paul. The BIF photos were taken with a Nikon D300, which is now fairly old. Still waiting for the replacement with better high ISO performance and resolution. I could use two more stops and a 24MP sensor.

The landscapes were taken with a Zone VI camera, which is a 4x5 mahogany view camera, and a Rodenstock 210mm lens. Really a cool setup, and still the most economical way to get high quality large size prints. I have the sheet film developed, then scan them on my Epson scanner. This produces jpeg files of 120MB to as much as 190MB or so. These prints on the screen wall of my home theater are 20x24, grain free and tack sharp:

[Linked Image]

The one over the mantel is from the view camera, but the one to the left is out of the g15, while the one on the right was shot on a grouse hunt with my old Canon S90. On the back wall there are a couple of oldies shot with my old Olympus OM-1 and K64.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Paddler; 10/05/15.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope