Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Politically,never trust an avid shotgunner (nor a fly fisherman)...

Originally Posted by BobinNH
I'll save the broad strokes for the fly fishermen and shotgunners smile ....of which I am "both". But like Scott said, I am first a hunter and fisherman. The tools of the trade are immaterial...

Now I'm confused.

As am I. I appeared that Bob was lumping high dollar O/U shot gunners and fly fisherman into some sort of pompous liberal elite class and that is not the exclusive domain of the liberal "high class sportsman" by any means. Just take a look any thread in the Custom Rifle Forum peppered with smith's who will "commission" a rifle. These Guild Gun members will gladly drain you of $10-15 thousand dollar tuned up mod 70's that sport synthetic stocks, maybe some "custom bottom metal" (from Williams), reworked triggers, perhaps a custom Talley style scope mount that are plain Jane rifles at a glance. Guys like Echols, Simillion, Penrod and a few others have clients lined up for the functional master pieces. Opt for the wood stocked, rust blued versions and the prices go up rapidly.

A quick glance at Paddlers O/U's revealed mid grade Beretta's no where near the price of the high functioning mod 70's. AS far as fly fisherman are concerned, this only turned into a "high class" sport when the yuppies decided to join into this sport not such a long time ago. They turned FF into a rich man's sport pricing equipment outta reach of the average guy.

I used to FF and got out of it not because of the new complexion of the Joe Jefferson Club participants, but it just lost it's a appeal and equipment prices were adjusted to meet these new fat cats.