Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Paddler
Okay, here are a few questions for y'all. No googling, just answer off the top of your heads:

1) What percentage of acute bronchitis is bacterial?

2) What percentage of patients who go to the doctor get an antibiotic prescription for bronchitis, and why?

3) What percentage of acute sinusitis is bacterial vs viral?

4) What percentage of patients who go to the doctor for sinusitis get an antibiotic, and why?

5) What percentage of azithromycin prescriptions are appropriate?

Class is now in session.

You didn't indicate if either was acute or chronic. You didn't differentiate between young and old.

Funny most Docs will know the general answers, but the actual percentages? Most of them would fail your little test by giving their own observations vs yours. Yet you want the general population is spit them out.

As evidenced repeatedly, you have a communication problem. You don't have to prove to us you know your stuff. You have to communicate it to your patients in a manner they trust your decisions. Looks like in many examples you failed the test.

Not sure what you mean. I indicated "acute" for both conditions. Where did I lose you? Listen, if you're going to be obtuse you'll have to pay your copay.

I don't expect anybody to really know, just using the Socratic method of teaching. Carry on. More questions to come, lots to learn...

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope