Originally Posted by Paddler
Lots of intolerance here, lots of profanity, but not a single original thought or shred of a sense of humor. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. Well, wait, that's not true. I came here just to see the response to the UCC shootings. It was entirely predictable and completely wrong.

You should trust a doctors judgement, even outside his field of expertise if he has knowledge and experience on the topic. Especially when his views reflect reality. I understand that letting go of your fear, even paranoia, is difficult for the 'fire regulars. Living in the right wing bubble doesn't work. When the real world passes you by, it leads to feelings of disenfranchisement, such feelings cause the behavior I'm seeing here. It doesn't have to be this way. The first step is disavowing your delusions, get some accurate information. Listen to NPR rather than Rush. I'll work on a 12 step program for y'all.

Here's an original thought - one that served this nation well for nigh on 225 years:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]