Originally Posted by Paddler
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I grew up in NV and hunted Blues all my life. Mostly in the Independence range up around the Blue Jacket. I've literally walked up close enough to more than one that I could have killed with my boot while Deer hunting.
Ruffs are just as dumb. they just live in thicker cover so you have to be pretty quick... Cept when they're out graveling on the logging roads...that's when most of em get shot around here.
Truth be told,,,, I get allot closer and have more opportunities on both species without a dog but since I love bird dogs I use em.
Matter of fact...even though I love eating Grouse...if I didn't have a dog I doubt that I'd bother with em.

Agreed. Nothing like watching a good dog work. My GSP does better on chukar, though. The blues flush wild more often than not. I think I might kill more without the dog, but I wouldn't have as much fun. I shoot rabbits on the ground, but just because they don't have wings.

Are you so desperate for a friend that you're hoping that I forgot that you told me what an idiot I was just a day or two ago....because I didn't.

Go "peddle" your BS somewhere else douche bag.