Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by Paddler
Hey, I just came here to promote rational gun control in the face of multiple mass shootings. The I saw the tread on Fiorina, so had to fact check that one. Then I saw the thread by Shrap, that big-mouthed, ATV-riding, grouse-ground-swatting slob who likes to think he's a hunter. How could I not put in a word for sportsmanship? Then somebody raised the issue of patient satisfaction, which also raises the issue of evidence-based medicine. Answer the questions I posed, then look back on your own experiences. Have you been mistreated? Odds aren't good. If you doubt that, google "antibiotics for sinusitis in adults", or go to the CDC website on bronchitis.

Another set of questions:

1) How many of you are on Social Security?

2) How many of your are on Medicare or Medicaid?

3) How many are on disability?

4) How many of you hate big government?

You still haven't learned.
1 No
2 No
3 No
4 Yes.

But if someone answers "Yes" to all of those questions, all it means is that they are smart enough to get free money.

Mine'd be similar to yours Barry,

However, at least in my case and that of many of the "regularly, lifelong" employed folks around here, the money collected from those progams isn't "free". Seems I've already paid nearly $3K in premiums this year for my "insurance" policy payable later in my life (assuming I can make it a few more years that is grin ) and it is an insurance policy (scam?):

"OASDI stands for old age, survivor and disability insurance, which is more commonly referred to as Social Security. To pay for these programs, the federal government imposes a tax on earned income that must be withheld by your employer. The OASDI deduction on your paycheck shows how much was withheld."

Now back to the "doctor" issue. I'm beggining to think the subject of this thread is considering running for office. He still hasn't answered 'flaves question, has not addressed issues and concerns posited by other members, and has annoying habit of asking a new set of questions every other post.

As I alluded to in my post regarding fish health, I wonder if the good doctor tested any of the "complainers" that rated him for the "actual" cause of their sinusitis or bronchitis, or did he just diagnose by "percentage? Did he "request" from his patient a sinus swab or perhaps a sputum sample to determine if their condition was bacterial and warranted appropriate measures? (would he know how to make such a request from a lowly patient?) Bacterial sampling, culture, isolation and identification is not that dificult, heck I did it many times and I'm just a fish dude, not a MD from UCLA. (I was "poor" and went to a CA State Univ, not a "prestigious" UC school. Yes there's a supposed difference to some folks)

From the tone of the comments on the rating sites one could almost hazard a guess that if a person showed up at the clinic, while he was working, with a case of the ongoing coughs they might be rudely told to "buck up, go home, listen to the doctor and drink some chicken soup. Percentages say what you have isn't bacterial" (we should after all listen to the doctors, even on topics they are not expert in, right)

Barry, I hope you at least are having a nice start to a weekend, and you are certainly correct in stating

"You still haven't learned"

Thanks again for your posts.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?