I was just thinking, and I realized I do know someone who I think fits the bill, if there are still guys looking for a worthy youngster to help get into the woods--Paul said he thought I out to float the idea here. He's actually my nephew James: he'll be 12 y/o for this year's deer hunting season. He's one of 7 kids (that's right!). They're good church-going people--the mom (my sis) is a full time mom, and the dad had a pretty good job but had to leave--he was traveling *all* the time and his boss wasn't reimbursing him for his travel, and even increasingly delayed his paychecks (think like 3-4 behind!). So James' dad left that job (I'm not sure he ever got what he was owed) and took a job up in New York (they were in Virginia). Right now they're looking for a place to live, and are living at my parents' place in upstate NY. In any case, I know that James would be thrilled to go hunting-I'm actually planning a trip for the fall with my brothers, but we each only have one hunting rifle, and obviously one won't be in the works for James' family anytime soon. He's a great kid, and I'd love to figure out a way to get him deer hunting with us--if anyone has ideas/suggestions/questions, just respond here or PM me...

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)