Peterbilt, you are right-the generosity of the guys on this forum is amazing. I was one of the ones who nominated a youngster, and he received more than enough equiptment to get him hunting. While Trinton didn't get a shot this year, he is still smiling from the things he received from people who don't even know him. Sort of what it is all about.

There is another thread right now about a young girl who has some serious medical problems. It appears that the folks are stepping up to help her and her family. I just wish that I was in a position to do something. I have seen what kindness can do for folks, and certainly hope to be able to help out others in the future.

Good luck with the young man you are mentoring. I know that he will thank you forever, as likely will his mom. Time spent hunting/fishing is some of the best quality time a person can spend. My dad and I hunted up until last year. At 88, his eyes are failing and he is giving it up. I don't know where I will find a new partner,, and it isn't the same trying to go by yourself. Enjoy the time with him as I know he will enjoy the time with you.