Originally Posted by ConradCA
Look I just think that this donation would be great if he actually knew the kid who would receive it or some he trusted did.

I suppose that's understandable, and I appreciate your thoughts. However: I have made donations without considering who the recipient might be, and found those particular donations to be the most rewarding of all, even considering the lack of any thought of gratitude. Just give something to someone who needs it, and you'll understand. I am actually the recipient of a very fine rifle, gifted by the generous folks on this forum. If you're interested in the story, click my username.

Another generous forum member gave a rifle to my son, and others added additional gear.

I have had the honor to participate in similar gifting projects, and that is probably the greatest reason that this particular forum gives me more pride as a member than any other forum I've ever been a part of.

The folks here won't steer you wrong.

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."