It's time for another thank you in this GREAT thread! I took Timothy to pick up the Sig 522 from FOsteology on Saturday. He was completely surprised, and not sure how to handle the sudden good fortune! I explained to him that there are some truly good people out there who are very supportive of soldiers, and their families. I told him that some of those people had chosen to do something nice for him, in appreciation for his sacrifice - that of going without his dad for long periods of time due to deployments.

It was right about then that Timothy and I both had a sudden attack of allergies, causing our eyes to water up. Funny how that happens occasionally. whistle

So I thank you - from the bottom of my heart: FOsteology for the rifle, MallardAddict for the sling and MurphysLaw for the ammo. The sling is on, and Timothy loves the fact that he can carry his 522 like I carry my M4. I let him choose his own ammo, only advising him to buy different brands and types at first so he can find out what works best in his rifle. He chose a brick of Winchester white box, some Remington bulk HPs, and 100 rounds of CCI stingers. (I had a little influence on those as well - always been my favorite hunting round in .22 LR.)

Timothy is a very happy young man, and we're leaving tomorrow on a family camping trip. We're taking his new rifle, and he'll get to shoot it on the trip. I'll make sure to get plenty of pics to share. Here's a scanned copy of a thank - you note penned by Timothy, and a pic of him with the rifle in the gun shop:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."