Originally Posted by joe6555
I have read thru this post (it took a while, as I had to wipe my eyes several times). This has to be the best bunch of people anybody could ask for. Amazing generosity.

I will add a boy for consideration. Trenton is an average student, and overall an average kid (I think he is 12, if I remember correctly). He has a bigger sister into pep squads and female type activities. He is into whatever sport is going on at the time. Last season, a friend of his mother took him deer hunting and it changed his life. He didn't get a deer, although I believe he shot a hog late in the season. All he wants to talk about now is hunting and shooting. He practices with his pellet rifle, and his mom was able to buy him a Mossberg 500 for Christmas this past year.

His mom is a single working mom, like so many these days. She did manage to get a deer this past year. Unfortunately, it was with her car. About a month after getting it repaired, a woman talking on her cell phone hit Amanda and totaled her car. Not long after that, she had to get her gall bladder removed, then got a staph infection. It hasn't been a great year for her.

Not sure what else I might relay at this time. Just another young man who looks to have fallen in love with the great sport of hunting.

Has my vote for sure...all of these kids are as deserving of our support as are our veterans...

the way I look at it at my age, we can't take it with us... so passing it on to someone young and deserving... we couldn't do any better than that!!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez