Taylorce1,

My nephew was one of the recipients of others' generosity earlier on this thread. I suppose that there is always the possibility of someone taking advantage of kindness, but I don't think that we should live our lives presuming as though it will happen. I can't tell you how moved my nephew James was when he realized that a group of total strangers had pooled together to provide him with everything he needed to get out in the woods on his 12th birthday. And as much as James, his parents were awestruck by what a remarkable act of generosity it was. These things really make a difference, and people (not only kids, but their parents too!) need to see 'the milk of human kindness' now and then. And goodness is contagious.

Finally, the various generous acts of some of the 'fire members have also been the beginning of friendships that I hope I have made through this thread...

Just my $.02.

PS-Jody, thank you for posting about your family and your son. I am very grateful to you for your example of good fatherhood. Our country and the world need more men like you--God bless you!

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)